Mental Health ServicesGlossary of Terms
The SCDPPPS Mental Health Services Division originated in April 2014. This division is committed to providing and maintaining the wellbeing of all offenders under Agency supervision as well as providing high quality monitoring of Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI) cases to ensure public safety. SCDPPPS Mental Health Services is committed to the development and implementation of evidence-based monitoring and supervision strategies for specialized populations.
MAY is Mental Health Awareness Month.
To learn more click each of the Fact Sheets below:
The purpose of the Mental Health Division is to:
- Oversee the Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI) cases
- Participate in the Mental Health Courts, an alternative means of incarceration for clients
- Provide a liaison between SCDPPPS and the Department of Mental Health
- Research and develop mental health training and provide information to staff
- Review evidence-based supervision strategies
Functions of this division include:
- Management of offenders with mental illness
- Enforcement of offender treatment participation and medication compliance
- Re-arrest and recidivism reduction
Key Partnering Agencies:
For more information, contact the SCDPPPS Mental Health Services Division at 864-260-2230.