Mental Health ServicesGlossary of Terms
The SCDPPPS Mental Health Services Division is committed to addressing the needs of mentally ill individuals under Agency supervision as well as providing monitoring of Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity (NGRI) cases to ensure public safety. SCDPPPS Mental Health Services utilizes evidence-based interventions and strategies to supervise specialized populations.
The purpose of the Mental Health Division is to:
- Oversee the Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity (NGRI) cases;
- Participate in the Mental Health and Drug Courts, an alternative means of incarceration for clients;
- Service as a liaison between SCDPPPS and the Department of Mental Health and other service providers;
- Research and develop mental health trainings to be delivered to all staff;
- Provide evidence-based treatment and case coordination.
Functions of the division include:
- Management of offenders with mental illness
- Enforcement of court ordered treatment participation and medication compliance
- Re-arrest and recidivism reduction
- Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity 864-404-7537
- Mental and Behavioral Health Case Services 803-734-8031