Ignition Interlock

Financial Assistance

Glossary of Terms

Ignition Interlock Device Fund

The cost of the ignition interlock device must be borne by the person.  However, if the person is indigent and cannot afford the cost of the device, the person may submit an affidavit of indigency to the Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services for a determination of indigency as it pertains to the cost of the device.  Pursuant to SC Code 56-5-2941(F). A person may request to receive assistance from the Interlock Device Fund by completing the financial assessment form (Form 1307). Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis. Those applications received after the 5th of the month will be reviewed the following month.


Click here to view and download the fillable form.